Surfing: Hang Ten
The ocean is a force of nature that refuses any effort to tame it. To throw one's self on the mercy of this beast is a courageous act. With the help of this trick guide, you can learn to harness that power and push your water-borne adventures to new heights. See how to
perform an off the top on a surfboard.
Trick: Off the Top
1. The off the top is one of the finest moves in all of surfing (while often underestimated).
2. The way to do it is the surfer drops into the wave with his weight neutral on both feet (equal).
3. As he drops in, he's going to the trough of the wave (or bottom)
4. The surfer sees the crest of the wave falling over.
5. The surfer then transfers the weight over to the back leg to the inner foot.
6. The surfer leans over and the board tips.
7. As the board is coming up and the lip is descending.
8. Just as the two meet, the surfer looks back to where he's headed and transfers his weight onto his heel-side.
9. Bring the board back to the lip and rides away clean.