How to Stand up on a surfboard
Surfing: Hang Ten
The ocean is a force of nature that refuses any effort to tame it. To throw one's self on the mercy of this beast is a courageous act. With the help of this trick guide, you can learn to harness that power and push your water-borne adventures to new heights. See how to stand up on a surfboard.
Trick: Standing Up
1. The first and easiest method of getting up on a surfboard is the Waikiki Beach Boys Method also known as the 3-point method.
2. The 3-point method initiates after you take your last paddle to catch the wave.
3. Your hands come right next to your chest.
4. Bring your knees up, prep to stand.
5. Turn your hips so that your sight is parallel to the board, ride off.
6. That's the 3-point method of standing up on your board.